Healthcare Market Resources, Inc. (HealthMR) is a leading provider of home healthcare and hospice market share and related data for use by home healthcare agencies, hospice agencies, hospitals, mergers and acquisitions professionals, and those selling to these markets.
HealthMR management contacted FulcrumTech to help leverage the Web and email to dramatically increase its Web site traffic, leads from online sources, and to more clearly communicate to the public what they had to offer to home health and hospice agencies.
FulcrumTech began by carefully compiling and analyzing HealthMR’s historical Web metrics to determine the path users had been taking through the site. The following key observations were uncovered:
- The old site was structured in a way that placed the “contact us” forms deep in the site, so the pool of prospects dropped off significantly by the time the form was presented.
- There were few compelling reasons for users to leave their names when visiting the site.
- Without any online marketing efforts driving prospects to the HealthMR Web site, traffic was difficult to maintain at the levels desired.
FulcrumTech recommended an email newsletter program, combined with a significant upgrade to HealthMR’s Web presence. The goal was first to establish a solid online information resource and lead capture tool for visitors. Once that was completed, an email newsletter was established to
- Drive traffic to HealthMR’s Web site,
- Bring prospects down the sales funnel, and
- Build loyalty and maintain awareness with clients.
As planned, the Web site was launched prior to the newsletter. Several months later, the newsletter began publication. Since the newsletter began, average monthly site visits to HealthMR’s Web site has increased 4 to 5 times over traffic prior to the newsletter. In addition, leads have grown dramatically, with 1 month exceeding over 40 quality leads captured. Finally, HealthMR reports that its revenue growth has been well into the double digits since the launch of its new Web site and newsletter program.