As we begin a New Year, it’s a great time to review some of the best actions you can take to help optimize your email-marketing program. Here’s my top 10 list for 2011, along with links to my recent articles and blogs that cover each topic.
- Segment your email lists to boost ROI.
- Use social media to optimize your email-marketing program. This includes Facebook and Twitter.
- Drive your open rates by writing winning subject lines.
- Improve your email reputation and delivery rates.
- Make your email newsletter work for you.
- Drive conversions by creating effective calls to action.
- Design and implement email campaigns for visitors to your website.
- Stay on top of your inactive users.
- Go beyond a welcome note and implement a comprehensive welcome program for new subscribers.
- Find out why people are unsubscribing from your email list.
What would you add to this list? Share your insights and experiences — we welcome your input!